The system will generate individually addressed emails, and attach a PDF version of the selected report created by the system using the P11D Organiser PDF printer driver to perform this function.
The system will send the emails to the email addresses saved in the employee records. If the employee record has a blank e-mail address, the system will by default send the email to the email address set up as the email administrator in the Employers record.
The system allows you to create the body of text for the out-going emails and in the case of Benefit Statements, it will also allow you to add text into the document. Please see help article here.
Selecting employees - Build a filtered list for emailing
1. Select the Employer record and click on the Setup Filter icon:-
2. Set the filter to all employees with a benefit for the employer
.....and then click Filter
3. This will tell you how many people are in the first "active lookup"
4. Then set a 2nd filter to further filter for those employees with email addresses. This is done by clicking the setup filter icon again and applying the 2nd filter
The resulting list of employees is your email distribution list (All employees WITH a benefit to report AND who have an e-mail address to use)
Remove Leavers from the Lookup?
Use the selections below to take employees out of the lookup (this assumes you only have the corporate email for them and not their personal email and therefore you don't want to issue the email to an inbox they no longer have access to)
Now that you have current employees with benefits and email addresses you can now proceed to the Reports Wizard.
Sending the Email
1. Select the employee report that you wish to send from the Employee report list - typically P11D Facsimile or Benefits Statement and click Next
2. Set the scope to This Lookup (your filtered list) & click NEXT
3. Set the Report to as Email and click Finish
4. The Email text entered previously will then be displayed in the body of the email received by the employees
5. Click on the Email button from the email screen to send the first email, the system will then confirm and offer to automatically send the remaining email (in alphabetical order)
Clicking the Rest button from the previous screen will also send the remaining emails
6. The system will confirm that the emails have been sent successfully