The system will generate individually addressed emails, and attach a PDF version of the selected report created by the system using the P11D Organiser PDF printer driver to perform this function.
The system will send the emails to the email addresses saved in the employee records. If the employee record has a blank e-mail address, the system will by default send the email to the email address set up as the email administrator in the Employers record.
The system allows you to create the body of text for the out-going emails and in the case of Benefit Statements, it will also allow you to add text into the document.
To add the email body text, select your preferred report that you will be sending e.g. P11D Facsimile or Benefits Statement,
In the Reports Wizard, click the "USER DEFINED EMAIL MESSAGE" button and enter your email text into the Notes box (screen shot below).The text can be either keyed in directly to the notes text box, copied (Ctrl C) and pasted (Ctrl V) from another document.(e.g. word document)
Click on the Save button to save the content for that report and Save all to use the same text for all emails for that employer.
If you are issuing a Benefits Statement to your employee, you can also add text to the letter you send. Using the USER DEFINED NOTES button, any notes saved will appear as a body of text on the chosen employee report/statement.
Selecting employees - Build a filtered list for emailing
1. Select the Employer record and click on the Setup Filter icon:-
2. Set the filter to all employees with a benefit for the employer
.....and then click Filter
3. This will tell you how many people are in the first "active lookup"
4. Then set a 2nd filter to further filter for those employees with email addresses. This is done by clicking the setup filter icon again and applying the 2nd filter
The resulting list of employees is your email distribution list (All employees WITH a benefit to report AND who have an e-mail address to use)
Now that you have current employees with benefits and email addresses you can now proceed to the Reports Wizard.
Sending the Email
1. Select the employee report that you wish to send from the Employee report list - typically P11D Facsimile or Benefits Statement and click Next
2. Set the scope to This Lookup (your filtered list) & click NEXT
3. Set the Report to as Email and click Finish
4. The Email text entered previously will then be displayed in the body of the email received by the employees
5. Click on the Email button from the email screen to send the first email, the system will then confirm and offer to automatically send the remaining email (in alphabetical order)
Clicking the Rest button from the previous screen will also send the remaining emails
6. The system will confirm that the emails have been sent successfully