Setting Up Filters
The Setup Filter is a function that allows you to define a specific search for employers with a selection of specific search criteria.
The three available tabs include filters to achieve a lookup of employees/records including:
- Current/"Live" employees
- Employees WITH/WITHOUT P11D/P9D Benefits
- Employees With Non-Taxable benefits
- Blank, temporary or invalid NI Numbers
- Duplicate NI Numbers
- Printed P11Ds/Unprinted P11D's
- Employees with modified benefits and expenses
- ABSENT business mileage/ENTERED business mileage
- Employee records with/without email addresses
- Employee records set as exempt from Class 1A NIC
Multiple selections (e.g. employees with Cars and Medical Health) may be made by keeping the SHIFT key held down.
Pressing the Filter button returns a list of employees matching the selected filter criteria.
Having achieved a particular filtered "lookup" you are able to return to the setup filter and apply a further or additional filter to the current "active lookup" e.g. firstly achieve a lookup of "Leaver" employee records, return to the setup filter and then select the scope setting as "active lookup" and then select a second filter condition of "With benefits and expenses" You will then have achieved a new specific "active lookup" of leavers with benefits that could be used to "Print" a benefit statement to their last known home address.
Using filters to email benefit statements to a batch of employees all of whom HAVE an email addess
1. Select the appropriate filter & click the filter button
2. System confirms the number of records for the filter
3. Select the reports wizard (printer icon) and the desired report - click NEXT
4. Select scope as "This lookup" and click NEXT
5. To add an email message that you wish to use as the email body text/message - click the email notes icon
6. Enter the email message that you wish to use as the email body text/message - & click SAVE
7. To begin the process to send out the emails, just click Finish
8. The system will display the first of the emails to be sent, this will be the first employee sorted alphabetically be Surname - click EMAIL to send the emails out!