The system does not have a full audit trail of every change made to the system records but it does have functionality to view a list of employees who's benefit values have been modified AFTER an end of year FBI submission to the Government Gateway. The process involved: -
1. Select the required TAX YEAR
2. Select the HMRC Filing> EOY Filing By Internet - FBI screen
3. Select the M button to create a list of employees that have been modified after the submission
Confirm Yes to the confirmation dialogue box
Confirm OK to the confirmation dialogue box
The resulting employees in the "active lookup" can then be used to create a report/spreadsheet and comparisons made between the EOY reported values and the values currently saved against their records.
1. Reports wizard
2. "List employees with all associated details" report (from 5. Employer reports tab)
3. This Lookup
4. To FILE
5. Select folder/location and save the Spreadsheet
Having opened the spreadsheet, the taxable BIK values can be used to compare with those that were actually reported during the Gateway FBI submission
1. The spreadsheet report of all modified employees
2. Comparison of the reported values in the EOY FBI XML file that was submitted to the HMRC (searching the file for the employees concerned by their NI Number)
NOTE - It is recommended to use a copy of the end of year FBI XML file and not the original file to protect it from accidental revision!
1. Email yourself a copy of the XML file using the FBI EOY screen
or create a copy of the XML file from the P11D Organiser wwwfbi folder
1. R/H click to select to "open the file location"
2. Open the WWWFBI sub folder
3. Open the required Tax Year folder
4. Select the relevant XML file to be copied and R/H click to "Copy"
Finally, paste the file to a folder of your choice so that you can then open it to make the desired comparison.
We recommend that you use MS Excel to view the XML file, however it can be viewed in other programs such as notepad or internet explorer etc.