New HMRC Compliance
- HMRC approved 2021-22 P11D Facsimile form.
- HMRC approved 2021-22 P11D(b) Facsimile form.
- HMRC approved 2022-23 P46(car) Facsimile form.
- HMRC 2021-22 P11D and P11D(b) FBI submission routines
- HMRC 2022-23 P46(car) FBI submission routines.
In use for the 2021-22 tax year:
- The company car fuel multiplier increased from £24,500 to £24,600.
- Updated lookup tables for NEDC and WLTP rates for appropriate percentages (offset reduced to 1%)
- Updated the Appropriate Percentages for vehicles with no approved CO2 value - 37% for over 2000cc vehicles, 35% 1401cc-2000cc and 24% for 1400cc and below for Type A and F (4% supplement applies for Diesel cars up to the cap of 37%).
- Van benefit charge increased from £3,490 to £3,500.
- Van fuel benefit charge increased from £666 to £669.
- Advisory Fuel Rates for company car mileage set (effective dates June/September/December 2021 and March 2022)
- Updated VAT fuel scale charges to add rates from 1 May 2021 to 30 April 2022.
- Van and van fuel benefit changes for zero emission vehicles - 100% of standard van benefit charge.
In readiness for the 2022/23 tax year:
- The company car fuel multiplier increased from £24,600 to £25,300.
- Van benefit charge increased from £3,500 to £3,600.
- Van fuel benefit charge increased from £669 to £688.
- Van and van fuel benefit changes for zero emission vehicles - these attract no charge (or £nil) charge.
- Updated tables to allow calculation of 2022/23 car benefit charge (where NEDC and WLTP rates have been harmonised).
- Update to the Class 1A from 1.38% to 15.05% (covering the 1.25% levy)
Software Enhancements & Changes
- Added the facility to use OAuth for connection to mail systems (Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace). This is set up in the configuration settings for email.
- New replacement/update routines for benefit importing allowing exiting benefits to be updated.
- Re-worked import notifications to streamline and clarify messaging and functionality.
- Changes to the system security with enhanced password management and creation tools.
- Made adding an email address to usernames mandatory (for resets etc).
- Added the ability to sign in via email address or username.
- Added security feature to lock systems where tables have been edited outside of the system.
- Improvement to the handling of both XLS and XLSX files.
- Alterations to file mapping screen that is used during importing data.
- Improvements to the logging and auditability of log files after importing.
- Added the ability to add comments to imports for improved traceability/logging.
- Further improvements to the P46(car) routines to allow re-submission of cars where essential information has changed (price, CO2, Fuel type etc).
- Improvements to the handling of re-allocated cars after furlough etc.
- Revisions to reports to reflect legislative changes and new version of car mileage comparison.
- Further streamlining of update routines for execution over VPN and restricted connections.
- Improved version control to limit updates to specific version/releases.
- Routines to allow systems to be converted to client/server installations for enhanced performance.
- We are starting a transition to users logging in with the email address rather than a username
- General bug fixes:
- Clean up of various typos and spelling errors.
- Resolved a number of minor navigation related issues.
- Checked functionality under Windows 11.
- Resolved some navigational inconsistencies.
Hosted/SaaS Enhancements & Changes
In addition to the above:
- Changes to the UI for DataExchange.
- Better sub-folder handling in DataExchange.
- Ability to SMTP servers other than MyP11D.com.
- Integration of OAuth for email using Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
- Changes to allow for new security elements in the basic software.
- Improvements to the report printing functionality.
- Improvements to 2FA/MFA.
- Option for Single Sign-On using Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.