Manual data entry
Benefit and expenses records are assigned to an employee record within the system.
The software will require a certain amount of information in order to calculate a benefit in kind value. The information required to be entered is particular to each section of the P11D.
How to manually enter a Section L benefit:
1. Select the employee record to that you wish to assign the benefit to
2. Select benefit section “Section L” from the drop-down benefit selector – or click on the “Section L” icon at the top of the screen.
3. Click the ADD button.
4. Select from the list of existing benefit descriptions for this P11D section and click OK - or click the ADD button to enter a new benefit description of your own.
5. The following data points are used to calculate the benefit in kind for this benefit type:-
- Market value of asset when first provided
- Rent or hire charge paid by employer
- Other expenditure met by employer in connection with the asset
- Less any amount made good by employee.
The Show Calculations button will take you to the calculations screen
To go back to editing the asset press the Modify Calculations button.
Having entered the necessary details of the benefit, click on SAVE to save the record