Adding a workstation or client PC to the main P11D Organiser installation
Modified on: Fri, 15 May, 2020 at 3:55 PM
Before you start…..
You will require full administration rights for the location where the P11D Organiser software is installed.
In order to perform a workstation setup you will need some background information (please refer to your IT department, if necessary):
- The location where the software exists - UNC path e.g. \\server\apps\p11d
- If you need local administrative rights to apply changes to your machine
The video below will be updated shortly to reflect the new installation method
Installing the P11D Organiser on a workstation for connection to a network install
To set a PC up to use the P11D Organiser, run the dedicated workstation installer following the steps below:
1. Start – Navigate to the location where the existing P11D Organiser has been installed e.g. \\server\apps\p11d (or via a mapped drive if this is used). Within this directory select the sub-folder labelled “INSTALL”
2. Workstation Installer - Double click the “Workstation.exe” from the INSTALL folder (You will need Admin rights in order to run the installer file!)
You can ensure you have the latest Workstation installer by clicking the button below (Workstation Installer Only)
3. Welcome Screen - Select “Next >” to continue
3b. Read and Accept the license agreement.
4. Select the setup - Just click Next
5. Start Installation – Click Install
7. Installation Completed – The P11D Organiser workstation setup is complete. Click “Finish”
The installation process will have created a P11D Organiser folder on the user’s desktop containing a shortcut to the application to launch the system from the correct installation location. The user’s PC will also have a new program entry accessible using the Windows Start bar.
The workstation installation is now complete, however, if this is workstation installation is for a new user of the P11D Organiser system then you will also need to add a new user record in user security table by logging into the system as the ADMIN user. More information on how to do this can be found here.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.